Tennis in New York
(TNY) is dedicated to increasing interest and participation in tennis in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. We are also focused on enhancing the communication between, and advocacy for, existing tennis organizations in the City. Our mission is to promote tennis and preserve its history in New York City. We are doing this by:
- Promoting the development of tennis in the City as a means of healthy recreation and physical fitness.
- Leading an alliance of tennis organizations and publicizing tennis programs throughout the City.
- Utilizing technology to increase the efficiency of tennis providers and enhance the communication about tennis courts, playing opportunities and events.
- Establishing the New York Open at Forest Hills as the official tennis championship of New York City at the most historic venue.
- Celebrating tennis in the City through unique social events.
- Developing and supporting tennis and educational programs.
- Celebrating the rich history of tennis in New York City.
Tennis in New York, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization which invests 100% of its proceeds in promoting and developing tennis and educational programs. It owns and operates the New York Open and the Tennis Growth System.
For more information, contact:
Sandy DeShong, Executive Director and COO, Tennis in New York
(917) 804-3404; firstname.lastname@example.org